• How an FDA-approved wound-healing treatment that brought relief and healing for the author's husband was astonishingly downplayed by his doctors.
• A treatment for end-stage liver disease that successfully treats pancreatic cancer.
• A medical treatment, approved in the 1980s for drug and alcohol addiction, that in low doses successfully treats autoimmune diseases and some cancers.
• A high-fat diet used since the 1920s at Johns Hopkins and other prestigious medical institutions that has cured thousands of children with difficult-to-treat epilepsy.
• How a mother's struggle to find treatment for her son's epilepsy finally led her to success with a time-tested, non-toxic diet; she started an organization to educate parents about it.
• How multiple sclerosis patients dramatically improved using an inexpensive, off label drug but their doctors discouraged its use even after they saw the amazing results.
• How a woman with liver disease was told she had only a few months to live, but after receiving an innovative treatment from a doctor featured in this book she is alive and well eight years later.
Julia Schopick is the creator of the award-winning blog, HonestMedicine.com, and has been a published writer and a public relations consultant for more than twenty years. When her husband Tim Fisher became ill in 1990 with a cancerous brain tumor, Julia became his medical advocate and began writing on topics relating to health and medicine; her articles and columns were published in American Medical News, ADVANCE, SEARCH and Alternative and Complementary Therapies. Her work and essays have been featured in the British Medical Journal, Modern Maturity and the Chicago Sun Times. Her mission is to use her writing and public relations skills to inform the world about little-known but promising treatments via her website, her presentations and this book, and to empower people in their health care choices.
308 pages ($14.95)
To order call 1-800-544-8927